Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Keno Therapy?

The doctors told me that it's imperrative that I get plenty of sunshine and play lots of keno. I'm likin' that prescription. Of course their offical medical terms were radiation and keno-therapy... or kemo-therapy... or maybe it was chemistry-therapy... chemostry-therapy... cosmopolitan-therapy? No, choloric-therapy. Wait, or was it chemotherapy? Whatever!

Well as soon as figured out what they really wanted I certainly didn't like what was in store for me. My first reaction was, no. God will see my through this. But then I met with the radiation doctor and was told some pretty scary things about what could happen if I did not go through with the prescribed therapies. Fear got the best of me and I started preparing for months of extreme radiation to my face and chemotherpy treatments.

Out of fear I procrastinated taking all of this to God. But, with gentle perssuasion Tiffany convinced me that I needed to. After some serious prayer and my nose buried in the Word, I was given an answer... from God.

God told me that this wasn't the treatment I'm supposed to undergo. I don't know what that means exactly yet, but I am still praying continually about it. Keep praying for me (if you were already, or start now) and I will keep you posted.

God is good.

Save Me!
Words & Music by Paul Berg
Copyright © 2005 Paul Berg


Just like a child, I stumbled
Surrounded by my sins and shame
I saw only trouble and sorrow
Then I called out Your name

Bend down and listen, I am deeply troubled
I believed in You, so I prayed
Bend down and hear me, wash away my sorrows
I believe in You, please Lord, save me!

Facing death, You saved me
Now I can rest again
Lord, You’ve been so good to me
I wanna call out Your name

Bend down and listen,
Bend down and hear me,
Bend down and talk to me,
Bend down and save me!

Bend down and listen, I am deeply troubled
I believed in You, so I prayed
Bend down and hear me, wash away my sorrows
I believe in You, please Lord, save me!

8 comments:

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

Honey, I know how you love Keno - that's not quite the same thing as chemo though -

I'm glad you took this to God and received the same answer twice. God - 2 Chemo - 0. I'll take God telling us to walk into the Red Sea anytime - God is bigger than than the Red Sea and surely bigger than cancer.

And thank you to our friends and family that keep us laughing!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Sending you love, Paul.

I am wondering... is the radiation/chemo preventative or is is it meant to be curative? Like, I mean... is there a tumor in there they are trying to kill?

If there is a tumor... have you looked into the natural remedy miracle "Black Salve"?

Again... sending love your way - and Tiff's too!

xoxoxox
~Angie

ps... LOL... my little captcha security wordy thing for today is "ypamby"... and, for some reason, that made me laugh so hard I almost fell off my chair!!! Sheesh... maybe I need to get out more...

Gary said...

Paul, as you know (or not), I work in the medical device industry, and I get to see some VERY, VERY cool stuff. I've seen a miraculous development of new tools and treatment methods for everything from heart failures, broken bones, clogged arteries...and cancer. I believe all of these things have come about through knowledge and inspiration that is granted by the hand of The Almighty. Chemo is definitely a great option to get rid of your cancer.

With that said, earnest prayer with answers that are revealed to you can not be denied. You already know who to follow with your Keno...er...I mean Chemo decision. You also already know that there are MANY prayers being offered in your behalf. Stay the path, Believe, and be rewarded. MANY a man has been healed by true faith.

We love ya man!

Anonymous said...

Dad,

After my Aunt going thru keno... chemo & radiation I really didn't like the sound of that. So I feel so much better that you won't be doing that. God Bless!

Kaylan

Anonymous said...

Paul,
God loves you, and has a plan for you that Keno, chemo, cancer or just being shy can't change. He truly has your back (and face) covered. I know you listen to Him and I know His plan will be clear to you and will keep your feet on His path. It doesn't get better than that. We all only have today. I'm glad you are living your today with humor, humility and trust. You are an awesome man and God will keep you and your prayers in His heart. The rest of us have you there too.
May God grant you and all of us more time to love each other.
We love you,
Shauna Mom

Angie K. Millgate said...

UMMMMMM...ye-eah. So Tiffany just emailed me a note chronicling your experience through the land of Black Salve, even including a nasty picture for my viewing pleasure(?). Now I'm thinkin' you oughta steer clear of that stuff. (Yeah. Like *I* needed to tell *you* that!)

Lots of love coming your way.
~Ang

pauL said...

No worries Phoenix. Yeah, that was one of those "been there, done that" scenarios. Tiffany and I will be headed down to the Gerson Clinic (gerson.org) for a couple of weeks.

pauL

hAnNaH said...

hay dad i like your bloger or wat eue its cald k. well gog got to go love ya bu

<3 hannah