Friday, October 10, 2008

"I Can't Feel My Legs!"

This is me and one of my best friends, Clay Egan. The only difference between Clay and I is that I can feel my legs. Clay is a great example to me of how to live life large no matter what comes our way.

I used to be the head coach of Utah's wheelchair rugby team where I taught Clay how to perservere.. how to keep pushing when it got tough. It seems he's teaching me now. I am now the student of much more than physical limitations, but of life.

Thank you Clay.

2 comments:

Bev Robison said...

Wouldn't it just be easier that way? I mean, no more making excuses for not wanting to walk the dog, or carry in the groceries, or get up and walk across the room to turn the TV off. "Honey, I just don't think I can help you with that...I can't feel my legs today." I'm sure that would go over really well with Tiffany. ;) Say hi to Clay for me!

Anonymous said...

Seeing the two of you men together makes my heart warm. You are the heroes of Life. You represent men in charge of a body out of your total control. Yet, here you are with smiles and joy in your lives and I love that about both of you. Paul & Clay you have my vote!
Love ya’
Shauna