Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life Doesn't Get Better Than This

How bad can life be with these kind of pitures? We have some good times amongst all the bad. Laying around at the lake with a bucket of chicken doesn't suck. Hanging around with family on Father's Day aint bad either.

I wrote a song called "Feels Like Rain" a couple of years ago that, I think, descibes how I feel about life. It talks about how aweful we see the rainy days and how we think we can't handle it. But, it's the rainy days that make the sunny days so memorable. It's the water from the rain that washes off all the dirt from the dry, dusty summer days. It's the blood of Christ that washes away our sins, not His smile.

As everyone knows, my situation right now could certainly justify a gloomy outlook on life. But, I always remember the rain. Nobody likes a cloudy day. Nobody especially likes it when the forecast for the next while seems gloomy. I've had a pretty gloomy extended forecast, but I'm not going to hide in a cave until the storm passes. I'm choosing to enjoy the rain. I'm choosing to look the storm in the eye and say "bring it on!", cause I know it can't rain forever. The storm will pass like all storms do.

You may be looking at your life in the midst of rain. Or, you may be enjoying the sun. But, at some point the forecast may say something else... it might "feel like rain". Don't worry... it never rains forever. Just ask God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Paul, rain and sunshine are always in the forecast and one cannot waste a good day just because of rain. Buy a new umbrella, play strip scrabble, clean your toenails with a hanger (that comes from a t.v. comedian not me), dye your hair blue, there are just way too many things to do, and I know you are doing them! You are inspirational and dang funny. Love ya'
Shauna

Angie K. Millgate said...

I love the rain... it cleanses, purifies and nurishes the earth. I am appreciating you, Paul, for finding the beauty in your life and placing your focus there.