Sunday, August 10, 2008

An Open Window

Here I am 4 days after the completion of my radiation treatments at a Heart 2 Home fundraising event. As you can see, I'm still not my complete self. I have short windows of time randomly throughout the day that I might feel well enough to go out, but not for very long.

It was a great event. Once a month a non-profit group called Strike A Chord organizes a party of sorts and invites up-and-coming musicians to perform for free to help promote themselves. They ask a door charge and have raffles which all the money goes to a particular charity of their choosing. This month was for Heart 2 Home. It was pretty fun... Free food, raffles, good musicians, and all for a good cause.

On our way home from this event we stopped by to see my band, Hoodoo Blues, playing at Scorez. It's just down the street from home. We had a gig there last night that I didn't attend due to my recovering. We walked in right as they were taking a break so it was nice to mingle with my band mates. The window was shutting so I couldn't stay long.

It will be nice when I'm fully recovered and back to normalcy. I will be back with the band in September. If anyone is interested we are playing in Lehi again on Sept 20th. You can go to our website at http://hoodoobluesband.blogspot.com/ and see our upcoming shows.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Welcome back to life, Paul!! Good to see you're able to get out and about! You've got a lot more of that to do! Keep on keepin' on!! Talk to ya soon!

~G~

Anonymous said...

Thank you Paul for being so clear and open about your life and health. It helps those not able to see you every day or week to know better what is happening and what your life is like. We watched the calendar closely as you reached the day of your last treatment and celebrate with you each day of continued strength. Loved hearing about you getting out, and not only being there for the Fund Raiser for Heart 2 Home, but also stopping at Scorez and connecting with the “Blues Guys”. Bet they really miss you. Every day is one more step closer to more music and better days. Look at you…. Still with lots of curly hair. We want to hear more of your great music and laughter. May God bring you swift and strong recovery.
Love you Paul. Shauna & Yosef