Saturday, August 2, 2008

This IS Important!



This is my beautiful wife with the long blonde hair. She has a rare condition called H.S.I.C.M.H.S.S.. Symptoms appear randomly but are starting to appear more frequently. I've talked to experts on this and they say there's no clear data on how people get it or even a permanent cure. There's not even any prescription medications that have been developed yet.

I don't know what to do. I've talked to doctors, my clergy, and even Jeeves. Nobody's been able to help. Oh yeah, the acronym above stands for, "Honey, should I cut my hair short?" Syndrom. Every so often she gets a hankering to want to cut her hair short for some reason. Does anybody else's wife have this same condition?

Am I the only one out there pleading with her to get help? Is there a support group in the area I could go to? I just really love her hair long. I'm pretty sure I'd still love her if her hair were short, but man do I like her hair long! Can anyone relate?

7 comments:

Chris Davey said...

To be frank, once you have gone short you can't go long, Paul! If this happen it could be the end!

I would to offer my clippers if an expert in short hair-do's is required.

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

I'm glad you like my hair - I'm flattered! It's just there are those bad hair days, or weeks, or bad hair years! I know other women know my pain : )

Angie K. Millgate said...

What *I* want to know is.... why are guys so hip on long hair????? What is it?! Somebody tell me, Pa-lease!!!

Gary said...

Hmmmm....not sure I should even respond to this, but what the heck!

First of all, I (like most guys) prefer long hair. I don't know why...we're just wired that way.

The hardest part of this situation may be that you are used to how Tiffany looks with that pretty long hair. Chopping it off WILL look different, which isn't always a BAD thing...just...well...DIFFERENT. You may or may not like it. But that doesn't matter. You're forgetting marriage rule #1: "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy"! :-)

Besides, it'll grow back...well...if Tiffany decides to grow it back!

I'll shut up now... :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, my input…. Less time on hair; more time for hugs, kisses, back rubs, rides in Cobras, etc.
Just thought that might balance things out a bit. Gives new meaning to “a whole new woman”.
I’ve loved my hair and life more since I cut my hair … oh a few years ago… and I never went back! Love ya’ Shauna

Anonymous said...

My wife had lovely dark brown hair and suffered the same affliction,H.S.I.C.M.H.S.S.,and never recovered. Here eyes are still as brown, but her hair is mostly gray (but mine is all white)now. But here is my opinion... God is right! 1 Cor 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." But it is not worth fighting about because verse 16 "But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God."

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

Well, I've decided to keep the long blonde - shallow but true, my idol (according to looks) has always been Barbie : )