Thursday, July 31, 2008

Light in the Tunnel


Yes, there is a light in the tunnel. The light says I only have 3 more radiation treatments and I'm done. Praise the Lord. And I do mean, Praise the Lord. God has walked me through this and comforted me all the way. In the beginning I couldn't see the end. It seemed it would go on forever. Now with only 3 treatments left I can look back and see more clearly where God was when I had nothing and leaned on Him for hope.

Even with 3 days left, we can't start partying yet. Because radiation has a delayed effect, like tanning, the doctors tell me that the pain will remain for about 2 weeks after treatments are done... then there will be a gradual tapering off, or healing for a couple more weeks. So, in a way the light in the tunnel is more like James Hetfield's "the light in the tunnel is a freight train coming your way". Don't get me wrong. I'm still excited about only 3 more treatments, but then I have a freight train for about 2 weeks.

But hey, what's 2 more weeks? I can handle it. I can do all things in Christ.

1 comment:

Bev Robison said...

Yeah!!! Mom told me that you have your last session on Tuesday, is that right? Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!! But, still I am wondering what Lorin is doing on your blog again??? Do you need some new pictures of your own kiddos? Hmmm...just thought I'd ask because I know this photographer...