Sunday, May 18, 2008

I See You.


When they said I'd be ICU for 4 days I thought they said "I See You" like a giant glass partition so my visitors could all come in and sit down on stadium seating, eating popcorn and just watch me like a Harbor Seal at Sea World. My he%&, I didn't know it meant "Intensive Care Unit". 'Cause that sucks!


I'm out of ICU now so things are looking up for me. Like the Matrix, they're slowing pulling tubes out of me. Soon I'll be free. They're saying as soon as Tuesday. Whoa! When you're in the hospital this long you start getting really bored between hourly and half hourly pokes, so TV starts becoming your friend. Even if it's just on as white noise to drown out the moans from across the hall. I watched enough of the horse races that now I'm hooked. My money is on 'Big Brown' to sweep the Triple Crown. Here is the YouTube video clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=5i_gc7G8Tng


2 comments:

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

I see you honey! This has been a rough week and I am so completely amazed at your fight, your humor and your will to live! Thank you for your faith that strengthens me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,
It was good seeing you today. You looked great!!! NASCAR???? What's that? I'm a HUGE Horse Racing Fan now!!! Go Big Brown!!! Who ride's him anyway, is it Dale Jarrett? Keep getting some rest so your body can recover. Take Care...Bill