Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Randem Thought Worth Mentioning

Can you believe it... these pictures were taken about 10 days apart. I look much better. Too bad for Mark, he looks the same. Mark was one of many friends and family to visit during and after my latest hospital stay.

This got me thinking. Would I be this kind of friend? If my friend was going through a tragedy, would I come visit? Would I come to see how he is doing? Would I spend part of my day to go cheer him up? Would I sit and talk about him, without talking about me... at all? A scary thought. Scary because I think I might not be that good of a friend. Time for a personal character inventory.

Experiences like this make for all kinds of wild pondering and reflection. Something for me to really dig down deep on. God has a way of convicting us when we least expect it. Am I a fair-weather friend?

Mark, just because I used you as the poster child on this don't be letting this go to your head. Remember, I'm still around to keep your ego in check.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Well, now I feel like a dog for not visiting :( Way to kick me in the chin, Paul! LOL!

Glad you're doing well! BTW...Is that car done yet??!! It's not gonna finish itself, you know! Haha!

Best wishes!

~G~

Bev Robison said...

Is that Mark Woods? Wow. Good times. I always knew he was a good guy. I'd love to come visit you! In fact, I'll just hop on a plane next week and stop by your place for a chat. What do you think?

pauL said...

Yeah, just hop on a plane and come on over. You know, it's not just across town so you may want to pack a lunch. Something to think about.