Friday, May 23, 2008

What?

So you're not buying the whole Head Transplant thing? I don't know why that's soooo hard to believe. I felt the wave of caring visitors dramatically wane . I feared I had to have something a bit more severe to keep all the attention. Oh well, I guess it's not really about me anyway, right? It's all about Jesus.

I'm home and it feels great! This morning I had my first taste of food since the surgery 10 days ago. Mmmmm, mmm, mmmmmmm. I love food.

Things are going good. I'm moving around allot better without the feeding tube tethered to me. I've gotten pretty steady on the crutches and have only fallen 11.3% of my attempts. That's good. My PT (Physical Therapist) says I'm a natural. Besides my wife and kids, my parents, my intermediate extended family members, neighbors, friends, church body, postman, Domino's Pizza delivery guy, and random passer-bys my dog was the most excited for me to be home.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Welcome Home, Paul!!!

Good to see you're getting back on your feet!

Yes...food is a good thing. Especially when it's not being pushed through a little tube! You know how everyone says that many different things "taste like chicken"? I've heard that, through a tube, chicken doesn't even taste like chicken! Is that true?! haha

Get well soon, my friend! You've got family to enjoy time with, and cars to build!!

Give me a call if there is ANYTHING I can do for you and the fam!

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

No falling! (ok, except if you're falling for me that is)

It is good to have you home and good to be cooking for you again! I love you honey!!!!!

Chris Davey said...

It is great to finally be in the loop. A brain transplant would perhaps be more believable than a head removal, give it a try!

After viewing your “About me” profile I find it very amusing that the other “unemployable” people all come from within an hour or so of my home town- maybe its in the water, or perhaps there is something to be said for being "unemployable".

Anyways, it was great to see you yesterday; keep on slurping those peas!!