Monday, May 19, 2008

Is There A Doctor In The House?


Hello!.... I'm ready to go home now. Mouth feels fine, really. Can I just go home for cry'n out loud.

You know, as fun as it's been in here it does get old after awhile. People are right when they say the pampered life is not all it's cracked up to be.

(Now there's a bit of an off-topic discussion. All it's cracked up to be? What is that? How is something cracked up to be something and make any sense? Of course, to confuse you even more we only use that phrase when apparently it hasn't quite measured up to the cracked up standard we've set so high. Okay, more on that later.)

What was I saying? Oh yeah. Living the good life, the lap of luxury if you will. Well, frankly I thought being fed through a tube would be cool. You know, less work. Convenience. The stigma. Well I'm sorry, but having elite pharmaceuticals trickle through your veins at the snap of finger just gets boring. Yes, I'm actually bored. I've pushed the Nurse call button just about every way you can push it. I've asked them to come in for just about everything that people normally wouldn't ask them to come in for. I called the Nurse to have her turn on my TV. TV remote... 2 buttons, Nurse... 1 button. Much easier to just call the Nurse don't you think. Once I was so lazy I called her in and when she got in I'd forgotten why so I asked her to call the Nurse to figure it out. Crazy I know.

Soooo, can I just go home now. I promise I'll just drink shakes for the first week. I promise. I won't talk allot, or shout at solicitors. I'll be good. Cross my heart.

4 comments:

Tiffany Berg Coughran said...

Can't wait to make you a homemade shake baby! We can switch it up so you have some variety - chile cheese dog shakes, french fry shakes, mustard dog shakes, whopper junior shakes . . . whatever you want - we just miss you here at home!

Bev Robison said...

Paul, would you just leave those poor nurses alone? Just be grateful that they come to your room at all! In Romania, you have to pay the nurse a bribe in advance just to stop by and check on you from time to time!

Glad you're feeling so good. GO HOME!

Gary said...

Hey Buddy! I hope you can get home soon! You sound like you're about as patient a patient as I am! Haha!

Hope all is well and you've (finally!!) got this thing beat! I've been chatting with the Healer in your behalf for quite awhile now! Hope it's helping!! (I'm sure it is!)

Anywho...keep on fighting the good fight! We all want you around! You've got a family to take care of, and many Cobras to build!

Take care, my friend! Enjoy those chile cheese dog shakes! :) Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Paul,
Glad to hear you are ready to come home, even if yur Mudder-In-Law will be there. You have the quality of a survivor and the attitude of a conquerer... you know, bossy! ha, ha, ha. Looking forward to jumping to your commands. Love ya'
Shauna